In 1981 Ron Smith opened his first salon in the Villa Marina arcade, throughout the ’80s, ’90s, and '00s he had a total of 8 salons throughout the Island, he retired after 30 successful years in business and sold on the Ron Smiths business and trading name to myself (Lydia) in 2012 where I continued to run the two existing salons in Douglas town centre Castle St and Howard St for 10 years. As the business successfully made it through COVID in 2021 with a re brand and the introduction of our Virtual Queue System I opened a third salon on Douglas Promenade, a busy out of town salon with great views and parking. in 2022 after approximately 38 years of Ron Smiths trading on Howard Street I decided to close this salon mainly due to spiraling high street costs and the loss of a few members of staff. So now with 2 salons in completely different areas of Douglas we can still continue to offer the great service that we always have for the past 41 years.
We have a team of 6 members of staff that between them have more than 130 years in the hairdressing and barbering industry, a real wealth of knowledge and experience that allows us to be at the forefront of change and style whether it’s the ‘flattop’ of the ’80s, the ‘step’ of the ’90s or the
‘Bieber cut’ of the '00s or the quiffs and comb-overs of the 10’s
Our salon on Queens Prom was opened in April 2021 has our vibrant splash of colour and bespoke wallpaper and has become our main salon. Open 7 days a week and with the easy to parking outside it has become popular for after-work and last-minute weekend cuts. Plenty of places to browse or grab a coffee whilst waiting in our virtual queue. in 2020 we re-branded the business and refreshed this salon making it feel more spacious, adding a splash of colour, bespoke wallpaper and generally giving it a fresh new feel, a simple, busy salon.
Virtual Queue System
A unique, bespoke built online queue system for your haircut. Introduced in June 2020 as a popular addition to our already busy, successful salons. No need to spend hours waiting in the salon or book weeks in advance. just 'join the queue' whilst still in the office or at home on the day you need your haircut.
How does it work?
1. 'Join The Queue' at Queens Prom. You can also use the iPad located just inside either salon.
2. Enter your full name, mobile phone number and email address (optional) and click 'submit'
3. 'You've joined the queue, your queue number is ???' is the first message you will receive.
4. You can see where you are in the queue at anytime by clicking the link in your message.
5. 'Your stylist is ready' message will be sent when we are ready for you, you'll have 5 mins to make your way to the salon
6. Please help us make the salon run smoothly for everyone by watching the queue, being ready when we are and by using the simple cancel option on your message if you can no longer make it.
How are we keeping you safe?
- Each client will have a freshly washed gown
- UV Sanitisers for mobile phones
- Wall mounted hand sanitiser pumps